Thursday 3 August 2017

Updates in Blogging and Life! (August 2017)

Hello everyone, and welcome to the month of August, where summer rears it head and the holidays overtake us all! Hopefully, those who are in school are enjoying the time off in the UK, Europe and America, and for those who are working, I hope you are able to get some rest, and are taking care of yourselves!

Now that my time in University is at its end, and work has officially wrapped up for me (for the time being), I thought it was about time to update the blog, and let you know a few things that have happened! Let's put aside the Idols, PV's and music for a day (what a lie, I'm listening to Idol music, right now!) and talk about something else. There's a few updates to go through, so, let's go!

First up, LIFE!


First off, I would like to say that, as of right now, I have no internet available in my home. Just a few days ago, someone decided to ram their car into a telephone pole in the village, resulting in knocking the bugger down, and getting our telephone wire cut. Said wire and telephone pole are just a few steps away from my house, so, I am currently without internet. That's a bloody bummer.

So, if my blog posts are slow this month, I do apologise, but it might take well over a month to fix the pole itself and get the internet back up and running. That is understandable, of course. I mean, a whole new bloody pole needs to be crafted. That'll be a bugger to fix XD

So, yeah. No internet, unless I go to my sisters. Which has to happen, anyways, just because.

... Life sucks, yo XD.

NEXT!


Another one of my many siblings got hitched! That makes two of them, now, but this time, it was a brother. Woohoo!

The youngest of my two brothers (though older than me, still) has married my now sister-in-law, bringing even more people into my family, and fulfilling a dream of my brothers I thought would never happen. Seriously, I thought he wouldn't tie himself down, that's just the kind of person he was. However, now that he's married, I'm happy. The family he's joined adore him, and I know he will be happy.

Well, I hope he will. I'm a lot more positive than negative, thankfully.

Also, I was a bridesmaid for this one, because I can never turn down a pretty dress. The whole wedding was beautiful, though, a little flashy, and very entertaining throughout. My youngest niece and one of my two toddler nephews also played as bridesmaid and page boy for this, and they looked so freakin' cute! Everyone looked amazing, of course, and the dress... WOW, my sissy-in-laws dress was gorgeous. I'm kind of envious, it's just so lovely!

The day was fun, and it was stressful, and once it was over I was kind of glad. I love weddings, I love how everyone comes together and the joy it brings, but heck, it's stressful... Still, it was a wonderful day, and my brother and sister-in-law had a perfect day. I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it.


As of right now - due to a lack of internet access - my blog posts will be a tad slow. I don't know how videos will work, either, because I have no space to film in my older sisters house. Still, at least I can figure out what to write, in the meantime, or what to review. Luckily, I don't need the internet to edit or even screen grab. It's just the uploading part, is all.

It's putting a damn damper on me wanting to focus a little more on my Selective Hearing posts, though.

Speaking of, I have managed to upload to reviews on Selective Hearing already, both for singles I have been really enjoying. If you wish to take a look, please do, because I loved listening to these singles and writing about them! They are wonderful, and if you've not heard the songs yet, then definitely give them a listen! Ta, me ducks ;)


Hopefully I can get some other reviews written up during my time of despair (because, internet), as pictures aren't really needed in my SH reviews. Plus, they're a lot more condensed, so they're a tad easier to write up quickly. I edit a lot more there, though, so I still put in a lot of time XD but again, I don't use pictures as much, so there's less to do, in terms of uploading and whatnot.

Well, whatever happens in blogging from now, I do want to apologise for the slowness. The Music and PV Selections will still be up and running, however, I won't have as many PV's as I might like. Annoying, I know, but what can ya do?

Thanks for understanding, my lovelies! ;)


Oh, work. The thing I gave up to come back home, though admittedly, University ending also had a hand in that. Still, I've not been working lately, though I have been looking for it.

I'm also going to be training as a voluntary teachers assistant come September, which is even more exciting. The job hunting, however, isn't.

Thankfully, I'm going to be focusing on the teaching side. I'm lucky to already have a place in a school some ways from me, and I will be working three days a week, with a small paid position for after school clubs and activities. I feel super fortunate for this, because ever since I was a little girl, teaching has been the dream. Sure, the dream has changed over time - from teacher to writer, back to teacher, and now for both - but, this is something I wanted ever since I was a little girl.

In primary school, I always admired the idea of education. I wanted to stand up in front of a school board, write the lessons, teach kids how to read and paint and give others knowledge. I was always inspired by education as a kid, and even though I've had bad teachers before, and good teachers, I've always been determined to teach people, and try to understand them, and help in any way I can. I've always wanted to do something where I could help people to value education, or the written word.

I was also a damn weird child, for planning out my future so early on. Pfft.

But, aside from that, I aim to try and find some part-time work to keep me stable and with a decent cash flow, y'know, to aid my Idol spending habits. I need a way to get my CD's, so as of right now, I'm in an endless loop of job searches and trying to score interviews. Hence why I'm going to be at my sisters a lot, during these dark, internet-less times. Sadly, a good chunk of jobs are done via the web, so, yeah. I kinda need it.

Hopefully I find something, and hopefully they will accommodate the fact that I will be working three days of the week in order to train as a teacher. This is important to me, and I honestly won't go work for someone who thinks I should give up what I want to do most, just to get a 9-5 job I hate.


And finally, this is where I announce that I have officially graduated from University! Though, I've yet to have my ceremony, because I had to defer it. Bugger DX

Originally, my Graduation was scheduled for July 21st, however, as my brothers wedding was the day after, and I would no longer be living in the area where I went to University, it was decided that it would be a lot less stress to defer my graduation ceremony, until January next year.

It was a tough decision, and I cried a lot because of it. I really wanted to experience graduation with my friends, take pictures together with them all, and end my time at University with the people I met in first year, and bonded with throughout the three years we spent together. But, it was not meant to be. I will, however, graduate with some friends in January, so I am happy about that.

I did get to experience my best friends' graduations, though, and seeing them in their robes was wonderful! They looked so amazing, and I couldn't be happier that these amazing people had graduated and earned their degrees!


It was a bittersweet day. We've all grown up over these past three years, and learned so many things. Now we're moving on and doing new things in our lives. I'm so sad that I'm going to be leaving my University life behind me, but I look forward to growing even more, and watching my friends gain success in their lives, and become even more amazing than they already are.

These past three years have been amazing. I have met so many wonderful people, experienced great things, done what I can, and had such a wonderful time. I'm so grateful that I was able to do this, and become the person that I am today. It was amazing, and I look forward to returning for my Masters degree, and continuing my journey to becoming a teacher or lecturer, and writing even more!

And that is all I have for you, today! Thank you very much for reading my blog, and letting me update you on everything that is happening! Hopefully, the internet will be fixed soon, and I can get back to doing what I love most. Until then, however, please take care, enjoy reading, listening to music, and Idols, and stay safe and happy. And of course, love those Idols!

Ta ta and goodbyes,
Chiima~

6 comments:

  1. You look so pretty in the blue dress <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I felt like a Princess for a day XD <3

      Delete
  2. All of the Achievements Unlocked, boo to all of the sorrows. I'm so happy to hear that so much happiness has gone in your life, Chiima.

    (On that note, so that's why updates were a tad slow. I just figured you were busy with LIFE. ...In a way, you kinda were.)

    Either way, here's hoping more good things are ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOOOO, life is evil XD But yeah, it happens. I can live (for a little bit). Now, I just need to find a job, and buy more HouPri and other Idols singles XD

      Yeah, I actually have a valid excuse this time around. It annoys me, cause I was hoping to up my time dedicated to blogging or videos. Oh, well.

      Thank yooou <3 Magi magi, I hope you're okay!!!

      Delete
  3. Wooo!!! Congrats on graduating university! It's kind of surreal how long I've been following and commenting on your blog now that I think about it. Wishing you all the best in job hunting! YOU GOT THIS GURL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MERCIIII! It's weird to think I'm a graduate, but wow, I am. And yeah, you've been here so long! One of my MVP's! Thank you sooo much!

      (Guess who has a job? LMAO XD)

      Delete