Friday 18 April 2014

Okay! Musume Digest #95

DISCLAIMER:
This Digest may not contain an Idol group that you like, or that you follow. If this post does not contain an Idol group you yourself actively follow, then my deepest apologies, but I cannot follow each and every Idol group on the planet. I am one person, and whilst I do post about groups that I like as well as groups that I barely even follow (read: BABYMETAL) that does not mean I will also actively look for news on the Idols you may follow. If I do not have the resources, I will not be able to post much or anything about them. Please respect this, as I don't have the time to go scouring across the internet for Idols that I know next to nothing about, or that I have little to no resources to. Again, I am ONE person; if I had a team behind me it would be a lot easier, however this is something that I do for me, in my own free time, because I want to. I could just as easily not do this, however I do it because I want to, and I find it fun. Thank you.

This week, in Idol News...

That Vampire Play's Flyer! BK and C-ute to go to Japan Expo in PARIS!!! Music Station + MoMusu = Many Happy Fans! Yossie FINALLY opens up a damn blog! Another one Bites the Duest from NMB! Get Out, AKB members are leaving! AKB's Obaasan member has been chosen! Meet Ange☆Reve! HECK YEAH, BABYRAIDS! Two Voice actress confirmed for the newest Ghibli movie, AND MORE! Are you ready to Digest?

This Week, in Chiima News...

Chiima went to visit the city of LEICESTER this week! Yeah!!! Because I went to visit the University I am going to, and I got to listen to stuff about the courses I am going to take as well! And yes, it was fun and I want to go back right. NOW!!! Well, not right now, but soon-ish... because I liked the city, even if it scared me at first! XD

But yeah, I had fun, it has basically been an eventful week for me, and whilst I haven't been blogging (apologies) I have been doing stuff that is important for me in my personal life, and of course that does come first. My priority is, first and foremost, life and happiness and education, so my writing has for the past few weeks been on the back burner. I hope to get back to it, but yeah... busy little bee! @.@

ANYWAY, that all said and done... ONTO THE DIGEST!!!

I MISSED YOU ALL ;^;

As always, be sure to navigate your way through the post easily via the actions of ctrl + f! Have fun, toodle-pip and tata!

#Weekly Happenings
#Video of the Week
#Picture of the Week
#News of the Week
#Hello! Project News
#Up-Front Promotion News
#AKS News
#Misc Idols and Groups News
#Miscellaneous News
#PV/Song Previews
#Press Release/Promotional Videos
#Performances and TV Appearances

Weekly Happenings

This week, I actually decided to tidy my room! I have no clue what came over me, but I tidied and cleaned and now, it looks neat!!! Well, aside from the giant Pikachu toy thing in the middle of my room right now because my oldest niece dragged it back into my room after I dragged it downstairs for my Pikachu-mad baby niece... still, it's CLEAN!!! *^*

I also decided to update my Wota/Fan girl/Writing Corner because damn, it was looking BARE! So, guess what got updated?


That bloody Juliet poster will be the death of me... short people should NOT put up posters...-cries-

Also, if you notice in the corner of that image, I have a desktop computer now. My nephew has let me buy it off him. It will be a slow process, paying him back, but damn! I HAS A DESKTOP NOW 8D This makes me HAPPY!!!

Also, I got some lovely Idol Goodies in the mail... well, I would have, if Customs didn't hold them back... Fuck you, Customs!


HELLO GOODIES 8D Juice=Juice and Tsuribit, the cuteness is high!!! <3

... And that is my week of whatever the Hell I did outside of visiting Leicester and my University of choice. HAPPY!!! ^o^

Video of the Week

Let It Go by Demi Lovato

I'm not a big fan of English music that isn't Disney in general, because I find English lyrics... bad (it's also why I don't like English translations. English kills a song for me, ha!) and I'm also not a big listener of the pop versions of Disney songs, unless it's Christina Aguilera's Reflection, that is, but this... well, this is perfect.

Other than Hyorin's version of the same song, Demi Lovato is just, well... amazing. There's a lot of power and emotion in her voice that I can't help but adore, she truly puts feeling into the song. Sure, the video isn't my favourite in terms of performance because she over-exaggerates her expressions, and the transitions are terrible and tacky, but the song is just... it's breath-taking. I love the original version of this song, but I love Demi's version too. She just delivers a stellar performance in my eyes (and ears).

It's this performance that made me realise I shouldn't write of Disney kids as amazing singers though Britney Spears also proves that, and Justin Timberlake... and others...

It's good!!! THAT BE ALL!

Picture of the Week


"Fuck the Haters, Eat them Taters!!!"

God DAMN, this girl is GORGEOUS!!!! How people can overlook her is beyond me!

NEWS OF THE WEEK

Hello! Project News


Berryz Kobo and C-ute will perform at Expo Japan, Paris, on July 3rd!

Comments:

The visually messy group x the sexy group, aye? Well if I went, I would totally be there supporting C-ut! Sadly, I am poor, and preparing for Uni. PAHA so no support for the S-exies D;

A flyer for LILIUM -Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki- stageplay has been revealed!

Comments:

LILIUM is the story of Riho, a Lesbian Vampire wanting to suck the blood of Foreign Wota-hater Dawa, an Art critic, who is also in love with the Cinderella Reborn Vampire Nyon. Will Riho bite the neck of this girl, or will she fail and be doomed to never love again...?

That is the synopsis for LILIUM, I believe.

Gekipro | Tokyo Girls Update


The DVD/Blu-ray covers for Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2013 GOODBYE & HELLO! have been revealed!

Comments:

Once again, H!P do fuck all with the covers and leave it up to shitty photoshop to save the day... NAAAAY!!!

DVD | Blu-ray

Morning Musume


Morning Musume '14 will perform on Music Japan on April 19th, it has been revealed!

Comments:

And all the fans say: "YAAAAAAY!" "OMFG EEEEEK!!!" "KYAAAAA!!!!"" -faints-

... So many fans be happy!



Ishida Ayumi will release her second photobook title Jaws 2 Shine More on May 10th!

Comments:

So when are they going to release Haruna. Masaki, Eripon, Zukki and Sakura's photobooks?




Morning Musume '14 members comment on their newest single on Oricon Style! Be sure to watch the video and enjoy!

Comments:

The fact that Sayu's not there surprises, shocks and elates me... but still, shock! Horror!!!

... Yet why put a boring one in the middle? >o>



A new au CM for MoriMusume has been released!

Comments:

... I have no clue what they're saying, but heeeey, I love those costumes!


Michishige Sayumi graces the cover of Weekly ASCII Magazine!

Comments:

The fact they haven't used a stock photo is kind of a shocker! MOAR SAYU!!!

Amazon


Fukumura Mizuki has graced the cover of Young Gangan magazine!

Comments:

ARRRGH, IT'S A GIANT FLOATING HEAD!!!

Amazon


Morning Musume '14 will perform Password is 0 on Music Station on April 25th! Other acts will include May J, Sexy Zone, Nishino Kana and Rihwa!

Comments:

And... CUE THE SCREAMING FANS!!!

TV Asahi


According to a recent blog post by Michishige Sayumi, Morning Musume '14 will perform on Ichiban Song Show on May 7th.

Comments:

.... Holy fuck they are getting quite a few TV appearances o-o

Sayumi Michishige Blog

Berryz Kobo


It has been revealed that Berryz Kobo will perform at TV Tokyo Festival on May 3rd as a part of The Girls Live stage!

Comments:

... And they couldn't have chosen a more interesting unit J=J because...?


C-ute


Okai Chisato will hold a Birthday FC on June 21st.

Comments:

Will she mud wrestle with the other members!?



On April 19th, C-ute will appear on Hanasaka Times!

Comments:

What the hell Hanasaka Times is, I don't know. Possibly a radio or TV show?


S/mileage


Nakanishi Kana will hold a Birthday FC event on June 2nd.

Comments:

And everyone will arrive to bow down to their Yattaruchan overlord!!! YATTARUKANANAN!!!


Up-Front Promotion News



Yoshizawa Hitomi opened up her official blog!

Comments:

And the fans say: "FINALLY!!!!"

But daaamn, she beautiful o-O You fine, gurl!

Yoshizawa Hitomi Official Blog | Tokyohive


LoVendoЯ will perform on Music Japan on April 27th, it has been announced!

Comments:

Hopefully Reina will powerhouse that building down instead of squirreling away like she does in the recording studio.

LoVendoЯ News


Dead Eyes Kikkawa Yuu has opened up her official Instagram Account!

Comments:

ON FORTH THE IMAGES OF FOOD WITH CRAPPY FILTERS, ARRGH!

Kikkawa Yuu Instagram Official


Kikkawa Yuu and Up Up Girls (Kakko Kari) will perform at YATSUI FESTIVAL! 201!

Comments:

Are they going to sing together and create Up Up Girls (Kikka Kari)!?

Yatsui Festival 2014 Official Website

AKS News


AKB48 sub-unit Tentoumu Chu! will open up their brand new variety show on April 14th! The group will be backed up by comedian Akiyuki Tsuchida.

Comments:

Eeeeeeeh, a variety show? Reminds me of when the Kenshuusei of H!P got a variety show, except this is obviously more exclusive for the more popular members of AKB's elite (plus, they're not Kenkyuusei any more). ANYWAYS comparisons aside (I really should not do comparisons, even if it was actually just me remembering stuff) well done to the girls on bagging their own variety show outside of AKBingo! Nicely done, girlies, nicely done!



Tentoumu Chu! will become voice actresses for their own starring anime, Tentoumu Chu! Monogatari Mitsubachi Hachi, which is set to air on April 28th this year!

The story will be about a 44 year old producer aiming to produce newly hatched insects into top Idols.

Comments:

... Does every film or anime that has an Idol portraying, erm, well... whatever character they portray have to include this character being, becoming or wishing to be an Idol!? Seriously, choose a new gimmick -___-

Still, cute artwork, though it reminds me of the Ameblo Pig characters you get in the game on the site.


AKB48



Watanabe Mayu, Yokoyama Yui and Iwata Karen will form an Idol unit for the up-coming drama Sailor Zombie, and will also provide the theme tune. The units name is Milk Planet.

The group will be zombified for their music video, and promotional images showing the girls in their Idol and Zombie get-up have been revealed.

Sailor Zombie will air from April 18th, and is made up of 12 episodes.

Comments:

Oh look, another Mayu-centered group. What a surprise. Yaaaay.

#Sarcasm



It has been announced that Team A's Kikuchi Ayaka and Team B' Katayama Haruka will graduate from AKB48.

Kikuchi Ayaka, who willg raduate on April 21st, hopes to pursue fashion and modelling instead of a career as an Idol.
"I want to move forward not as an idol, but by finding things that I want to do such as fashion and modeling. I made this decision after carefully thinking about it." - Kikuchi Ayaka (Tokyohive)
Katayama Haruka, who wishes to become an actress, will leave the group in September on the 23rd this year after her participation in the handshake event for the Theatre edition of Mae Shika Mukanee, with her graduation ceremony being held soon after.
"During my 7 years in AKB48, I learned a lot of things and found my dream of becoming a musical actress. I really want to star in musicals!! I decided to graduate because I had strong feelings to become a full-fledged actress." - Katayama Haruka (Tokyohive)
Comments:

... Jesus, more are flying the nest? Well girls, I only have two words (and a fuckin' awesome song) for you.



Bye bye, girls!



Tsukamoto Mariko has won the Obaasan Otona AKB48 audition! She is 37 years old, a mother of two and a housewife.

An introduction video has also been uploaded, so be sure to check it out!



Comments:

And here I am, thinking SDN48 was gone! So much for getting rid of the old birds, Aki P!

Hey look, another oldy called Mariko!!!



Watanabe Mayu will be the narrator for the up-coming short movie Pikachu, What's this Key for?, which will be screened alongside the up-coming Pokémon movie Pokémon The Movie XY: Hakai no Mayu to Diansie.

Mayuyuwill succeed former AKB48 member Maeda Atsuko, who also narrated for a Pokémon short movie.

Comments:

... I think management are pushing Mayu, don't you? I mean it's very subtle, but they're pushing her a bit more now that Senbatsu is looming I think.

Or am I imagining this?


NMB48


As of April 16th, Team BII's Akazawa Hono has graduated from the group.
"Since a few months ago, I've been carrying out my activities with uneasiness in my health," continuing with, "The manager and staff suggested options such as taking a break or do my best while watching my condition. However, I didn't have the confidence to enrich every day while carrying this uneasiness of not knowing when I would be able to return."
"You may not be convinced with my selfish decision... but I will walk down a new path starting tomorrow. Thank you for cheering me on these past 2 years. Thank you for supporting me." - Akazawa Hono (Tokyohive)
Comments:



... Need I say more?

Tokyohive | J-Pop Idols
Misc Idols and Groups News


Arc Jewel have introduced their newest Idol group, Ange☆Reve! The group will be the third 'Doll' unit to debut within the company, after Lovely★DOLL and Doll☆Elements! Overall, Ange☆Reve is the fifth group in the company.

The groups name means Angel Dream, with Reve being the French translation for Dream.

The winners of the group, chosen by the votes of fans, include Watanabe Kurumi (centre), Sasaki Rika (front, right), Sawada Akina (back, left), Otosaki Serina (back, right) and Tachibana Haruka (front, left)!

Comments:

Another Doll group, yes *^* I rather like the idea of Dolly groups... then again, I like dolls... XD And these girls are cute, I can see why the fans picked them, especially the centre girl, Watanabe-san... I think she had the most votes for all three weeks?

Still... DEBUT SOON FOR ME *^*





It has been revealed that SCANDAL will sing the new theme song, titled Yoake no Ryuuseigun, for the up-coming Pokémon movie, Pokémon The Movie XY: Hakai no Mayu to Diansie!

The groups new single will be released on July 16th, whilst the new Pokémon movie will open in theatres on July 19th.

Comments:

Awww, don't they all look so damn CHIPPER with their Pikachu's!

(My niece is currently next to me screaming 'PIKACHU, PIKACHU!' and jumping up and down as I type XD)

Tokyohive | Tokyo Girls Update


Techno trio Kus Kus will release their second single, titled Koi Moyou, on June 11th it has been revealed!

There will be three versions available, each with a different coupling song.

Comments:

Watch out world, Mini Perfume is ready to rock your WORLD!!!

... And I kinda wanna find out more about them now because of the little glasses girl! *^*

J-Pop Idols


YuiKaori have announced the newest single, Intro Situation, which is set for a July 2nd release! This will be the duo's first summer pop song, and it will be available in two editions.

Comments:

And here's to hoping that it doesn't suck as much as Lucky Ducky!! did!

J-Pop Idols


(Top Row: Regular, Yarou versions Bottom Row: Otome version)

Team Syachihoko will release their third single, titled Iikurashi, on May 14th! The covers and track list have also been revealed!

There will be four editions available, with the fourth being a special edition solely for sale in Nagoya, where the group is based.

Due to the absence of Sakamoto Haruka, who is studying for important school exams, the comedian Edo Harumi took her place during the photoshoots for the covers.

The track list is included in the source link.

Comments:

You know what? I love what Team Syachihoko's managers are doing for the absence of Haruka; I love that they placed a chocolate version of her in her place for Valentine's, and I love that they have placed a comedian there too for this single. Seriously... they make it entertaining but still allow us to realise there are six members, not five.

But daaamn, them wigs o-o

J-Pop Idols


(Top Row: Type A, Type B Bottom Row: Type C, Regular Edition)

babyraids will release their latest single Bucchake Rock'n Hacchake Roll/ Baby Step on May 14th, it has been revealed! This will be the groups 7th single and will come in four editions.

The song Baby Step is the ending theme for the Anime of the same name.

The full track list and PV for Bucchake Rock'n Hacchake Roll will be found in the source links.

Comments:

FUCK YEAH, BABYRAIDS!!!

... For some reason, I feel really hyped for babyraids, which is weird because I generally don't care much for them. Maybe I am reforming and becoming a babyraids fan without realising it...!?



On July 2nd, babyraids will release their very first album titled Jiko Shokai! The album will come in three editions!

Type A will include a bonus CD, whilst Type B will include a DVD.

Comments:

My support is still fiery, babyraids! Congrats on your up-coming album! 8D

CDJapan


(Top Row: Regular and Yodel editions Bottom Row: Anime edition)

The covers for Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku's up-coming single, titled Butterfly Effect,, have all been revealed! There will be three editions available.

The title track is being used as the opening theme for the anime Nanana's Buried Treasure, which Ebichuu member Mayama Rika performs in as a voice actress for the first time.

The track list will be included in the source link.

Comments:

... Yodel version scares me a little o-O

J-Pop Idols

Miscellaneous News


It has been revealed that Takatsuki Sara (Otomen, Black President) and Arimura Kasumi (Shitsuren Chocolatier) will both star in the up-coming Studio Ghibli movie, Omoide no Marnie. Takatsuki will provide the voice of Anna, a 12 year old who encounters Marnie, voiced by Kasumi, a young blonde girl who resides in the 'marshy house', which is supposed to have been unoccupied.

The film Omoide no Marnie is set to release on July 19th in theatres.

Comments:

Holy heeeck, SARA IS STARRING IN A GHIBLI MOVIE *^* YAAAAAAY! ; A;

Finally, I has my Bump.y news!!! ;A; CRY CRY <3


PV/Song Previews




The short radio preview for Idoling!!!'s up-coming single's title song, Kyupi, has been unveiled! Be sure to take a listen and see if you enjoy!

Comments:

It reminds me of Sailor Moon songs. Like, the bland Sailor Moon songs. You know, the ones with no depth, dimension or energy to them? Yeah, those ones. This is pretty much that. It has a bit of cuteness there, but the tone of the instrumental is so dulled down and lifeless.

Thank God Sakura Horizon from Idoling!!! NEO is literally music to my ears @.@

Press Release/Promotional Videos


Tokyo MX have released press footage from Yajima Maimi's photobook release event for PURE EYES, so be sure to check it out!

Comments:

I wish she would model full time, she's a beauty, but a boring Idol... xD well, to me she is... >o>


MAiDiGi TV, JIJIPRESS, Oricon, Ikebukuro TV have all released event footage from Morning Musume '14's press release event at Ikebukuro Sunshine City for their latest single, Toki wo Sora wo Koe wo / Password is 0! Be sure to check the videos out!

Comments:

Apprently Eripon said she is an Idol in every ten thousand people? XD That girl is seriously silly XD XD XD I LOVE HER ;W; <3

MAiDiGi TV | JIJIPRESS | Oricon | Ikebukuro TV

...

AAAAAND that is ALL for this week, my bambino's! Hopefully the past weeks News in Idols has been a yummy dish for you all, and hopefully you have all become satisfied with what has been delivered! But now we are done, you will have to wait until Next Week to Digest more news. Until then however, Ja ne, tata and bye bye! MWAH!

Chiima~

4 comments:

  1. baby raids having their first full-length album, finally! i actually like most of their songs, and i think their pvs are decent for the most part, but strangely, i'm not really attached to the group. probably because it's hard finding out more information about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so good! I have seen some of their PV's, not a lot, but they do seem a lot of fun and well-produced. But yeah, it's hard to find info about a few groups, which is sad when you want to find something out about a group you may potentially like );

      Delete
  2. Chiima have you heard about Otsuka Aina??

    ReplyDelete